Happy Hispanic Heritage Month!
September 15 – October 15
Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated each year to recognize the achievements and contributions of Hispanic Americans. Sci-Tech is joining the celebration this year by highlighting awesome Latinx and Spanish STEM professionals throughout history to modern day during our Daily Discoveries. Stop by Tuesday – Friday at 11am or 1pm to try a FREE* hands-on experiment or activity while learning about one of these important STEM figures.
To learn more about Hispanic Heritage Month, visit https://www.hispanicheritagemonth.gov/.
Instead of starting at the beginning of September, Hispanic Heritage Month takes place over 30 days starting on the 15th — honoring the anniversaries of national independence for many Latin American countries: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua all recognize September 15 as the date of their independence, while Mexico’s independence is celebrated September 16 and Chile celebrates its independence September 18.
Want to continue learning at home? Check out these great resources:
- Hispanics and STEM Education Statistics: https://www.studentresearchfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Hispanics_STEM_Report_Final-1.pdf
- 21 Scientists and Engineers to Learn About: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/blog/hispanic-scientists-engineers
- Latinas in STEM: http://www.latinasinstem.com/
- TechnoloChicas: https://technolochicas.org/
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science: https://www.sacnas.org/
*Daily Discoveries are FREE with regular museum admission.