Do your kids love LEGO Robotics? Do you they have an interest in learning to code and program robots? Do they wish to build on their skills using sensors and complex machines? Then our First LEGO League (FLL) Robotics Teams are just the place for your 5th – 8th grader. No LEGO Robotics or programming experience needed!
Join us this spring as we train for next season’s First LEGO League Competition as your child learns:
- how to build and modify robots for multiple missions
- how to program and successfully use sensors
- how to build complex gears and motor work
All interested participants must fill register online, followed by an interview with Sci-Tech coaches and then be selected to join a team. If your child is already a member of a Sci-Tech Robotics team, they do NOT need to arrange for an interview. You may go ahead and register. Welcome back!
Robotics teams will meet every Tuesday and Thursday for 15 weeks from 6:00 – 7:30 pm beginning February 6th.
If selected, the cost to participate will be: $600.00 for Non-Members or $550.00 for Sci-Tech Members, per student for the entire 15 week program. Payment will be processed after your child is accepted. Online registration reserves your spot until such time.
Step 1: Register here online. https://bookeo.com/scitech?type=21366W9AF160134B2B5A
Step 2: Once registered, our coaches will contact you to schedule an interview with your child. Successful interviewees will be accepted onto the team. Then and only then will your online booking payment will be processed and a confirmation email sent.
Spring Training FAQ:
- When do the Robotics teams meet? Teams meet from 6:00 – 7:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Sci-Tech. Meetings will run Feb 6th – May 24 (there will be no meetings the week of School Spring Break March 12th)
- What if I miss a scheduled class? The program builds week to week, but we understand conflicts may arise, and we will accommodate accordingly. We do ask that parents contact Sci-Tech ahead of time to let us know that your child will not be able to attend.
- How do you handle behavior issues? Due to the limited number of spots on our teams, we have a zero tolerance for behavioral issues. Any student with behavioral issues will be removed from their team, and no refunds will be issued. Please consider whether this is the right program for your child before registering online. Our coaches are more than happy to discuss this further with you in you have questions.
- Can parents volunteer to assist with the child’s Team and/or serve as an assistant coach? We can always use additional support during the season. Please go to our volunteer page and apply to be a volunteer with our FLL program.