Inspiring our community’s next generation of engineers is one of Sci-Tech Discovery Center’s key initiatives. Our education priorities for 2018 address the future of more complex work and reaching kids with engaging and inspiring experiences that will help them prepare for this exciting, yet uncertain, future. Throughout the year we will offer activities that encourage the creative, problem-solving and iterative habits of skillful engineers.
Monday February 19th Kickoff Event on President’s Day Holiday!
Did you know many of our Presidents were also inventors? Come to Sci-Tech to celebrate President’s day, Feb 19th, and to kick off to National Engineers Week. We will have a museum full of hands-on-activities exploring the science and engineering behind their inventions. Family fun activities activities, electrifying stage shows, planetarium experiences and special guest speakers. Come on by for a super-charged start to National Engineers Week.
$5 Members, $10 Non Members 11:00AM – 2:00PM
$2 Planetarium Show Tickets also Available at the Door
10:00 AM Early Entry for VIP Pass Holders
Don’t want to wait in long lines? That’s okay. Grab one of our limited VIP Fast Passes instead of General Admission and receive:
- Early Entry at 10:00 AM
- Build Scribble Bots and Paper Circuits to take home with Mr. Maker a $5 value
- 1 Free Ticket per Fast Pass for a Planetarium Show (limited seats!) $10 Members / $15 Non-Members
The fun continues all week long with daily themed activities to highlight engineering careers.
Daily themes listed below. Activities will run from 10:00 – 1:00.
- Tuesday February 20th Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Wednesday February 21st Aerospace Engineering
- Thursday February 22nd Civil / Geological Engineering
- Friday February 23rd Computer Engineering
- Saturday February 24th Robotics Engineering