STEM: Think Like an Engineer (2 hours)
Grab your safety goggles and put on your thinking cap–time to combine your creativity with science to build survival devices.
In this Journey, you will:
- Find out how engineers use design thinking to solve problems.
- Do 3 design thinking activities: design and build an assistive device, a water collection device, and a device that can launch a ball across a room.
Basic Powderpuff Pinewood Derby Design Workshop (2hours)
This workshop will provide the space, tools, and tips to give your derby car the advantage! This is the perfect workshop for beginners as you learn the basics of building and designing a derby car while working side-by-side with fellow Girl Scouts. Test your new derby car on our testing ramp while getting tips and tricks to increase your speed.
- Learn how design can affect speed
- Learn to use hands tools to build your derby cars
- Race, test, record results, and redesign your cars!
*Click here to find our official Derby Car Workshop Page
If you would like to book a program please fill out the Girl Scout Request Form