Happy Black History Month!
February 1-28, 2022
Black History Month is celebrated each year to recognize the history, achievements and contributions of Black people across the United States. Sci-Tech is joining the celebration this year by highlighting awesome contributions in STEM made by Black Americans throughout history to modern day during our Daily Discoveries and National Engineer’s Week. Stop by weekly Tuesday – Friday at 11am or 1pm for Daily Discoveries and Saturday, February 26th from 10am-4pm for our National Engineer’s Week celebration to try a FREE* hands-on experiment or activity while learning about one of these amazing discoveries and inventions.
Want to continue learning at home? Check out these great resources:
- Black Representation in STEM Statistics: https://www.sciencenews.org/article/black-scientists-disparities-representation-stem-science
- Black STEM Pioneers and Experiments to Try: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/blog/black-history-month-scientists
- National Society of Black Engineers: https://www.nsbe.org/
- Black Science Coalition and Institute: https://www.b-sci.org/
- National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers: https://www.nobcche.org/
- National Society of Black Physicists: https://nsbp.org/
- National Association of Black Geoscientists: http://www.nabg-us.org/
- Support Black Students Pursing STEM Degrees: https://uncf.org/
- The National Archives Records on the African American Experience in the US: https://www.archives.gov/news/topics/african-american-history
*Daily Discoveries are FREE with regular museum admission.