Robotics Team Questions Fall 2017
- What time(s) do the Robotics teams meet? Teams meet from 6:00 – 7:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Sci-Tech.
- How many students will be on each team? Teams will be made up of 6 students.
- When will the Robotics Competition be held? There are several possible competition days in late November and early December.
- Does Sci-Tech Provide transportation to competition? Sci-Tech does not provide transportation to and from the competition, but we do provide staffing, shirts and snacks.
- What if I miss a scheduled class? The program builds week to week, but we understand conflicts may arise, and we will accommodate accordingly. We do ask that parents contact Sci-Tech ahead of time to let us know that your child will not be able to attend.
- How many classes can I miss? Any student who misses 6 classes over the 15 week period will automatically be removed from their team.
- How do you handle behavior issues? Due to the limited number of spots on our teams, we have a zero tolerance for behavioral issues. Any student with behavioral issues will be removed from their team, and no refunds will be issued.
- What happens if our team makes it past the local competition? Any team that make it to the regional competition will continue to meet at Sci-Tech on Tuesdays and Thursdays until the next competition. The additional class time, fees will be prorated based on the time between each competition.
- Can parents volunteer to assist with the child’s Team and/or serve as an assistant coach? We can always use additional support during the season.