2018 Partner Opportunities
Sci-Tech Discovery Center was founded in 2004 to address the community need to engage and inspire learners of all ages and backgrounds to embrace discovery and innovation through the active exploration of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). To respond to the incredible pace of change in new and emerging technologies, and business forecasts that project 800 million jobs could be lost to automation by 2030, Sci-Tech’s mission has never been more urgent. Internal surveys for our targeted programming show that participants gain 30-40% in STEM knowledge, and their attitudes toward STEM topics also improve.
So we’re on our way, but we need your help to do more.
Our education priorities for 2018 address the future of more complex work and reaching kids with engaging and inspiring experiences that will help them prepare for this exciting, yet uncertain, future. Engineering, Robotics and Making are the three priorities that drive this year’s framework of exhibit and programming themes.
- Engineers – Activities to teach concepts of mechanical, electrical, civil, geological, computer and robotics engineering will be introduced beginning in February during Engineers Week and continue throughout 2018. We will also fold them into our targeted, girls-only Girl Power after-school program.
- Robotics – A newly created robotics exhibit debuts in March for all visitors to Sci-Tech, and increased opportunities to get involved in team competition robotics will be offered.
- Making – Our MakerSpace will double in size in Spring 2018, and the expanded space and tools will allow us to spark even more interest in tinkering, designing and building.
Our Mission Relies on Corporate and Individual Contributions
Sci-Tech Discovery Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that relies on generous contributions from corporations, individuals and foundations to support our mission. We also welcome the participation of corporate and community volunteers. Financial support is needed for:
- Designing and building engaging exhibits and activities
- Training staff and volunteers on MakerSpace tools and new activities and programs
- Delivering and evaluating programs on and offsite
- Sending our educators into the field to reach economically disadvantaged groups and schools
- Offering free and reduced admission to economically disadvantaged groups and schools.
Help us grow our targeted and general programs and strengthen our robotics and maker instruction. Sci-Tech is excited about complementing our area’s schools by providing inspiring and engaging STEM learning opportunities that we call mind stretching fun!
Support Sci-Tech Today!
Receive prominent recognition all year and for special promotions and invite your employees to assist Sci-Tech in spreading excitement and knowledge.
|PRESENTING SPONSORSHIP||Robotics Exhibit||$25,000|
|PLATINUM SPONSORSHIP||Engineers Week or Robotics Week||$10,000|
|GOLD SPONSORSHIP||Engineers Week or Robotics Week||$5,000|
|SILVER SPONSORSHIP||Engineers Week or Robotics Week||$2,500|
For more information or to learn how to become a Corporate or Individual Sponsor